This week has been a bit hectic in my RL, but also in Secondlife. Fiddling with auto-return on your SIM/Parcel/Region is something you should do with caution. So when I saw the third challenge from Vanessa Blaylock I decided it was right up my ally.
Landscapes with a Corpse is inspired by Japanese fashion photographer Izima Kaoru. He is personally afraid of dying, so in his work he asks his models how they want to die. He then stages that death with the model wearing designer dresses.
The photo of Sakai Maki is from 2008.
Good morning, avatar. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to contemplate the occasion and setting of your own demise. Then pick something extraordinary from your very favorite designer to wear for your departure. Then photograph it. Like Kaoru you can think in terms of 4 images: from a tight headshot, all the way out to a wide landscape panorama.
- You can optionally write some thoughts about your departure from this world.
- You can optionally write some thoughts about VR mortality vs RL mortality.
- Post your images to your Blog, Flickr, etc.
- Leave a link to your post in the comments below
- You can optionally add your images to the Challenges 2015 Flickr group
Contemplating my own death is not something I do. That said I’m not afraid of it and I live everyday as was it my last. I have no regrets and I don’t feel I’ve missed out. In other words: I’m always ready to die.
This week was crazy and come the weekend I fell kind of dead so here is my avatar corpse in landscape